Amelia, Antithesis Journal, Bogg, Cider Press Review, Concho River Review, Connecticut Review, Diner, Dogwood, Exit 13, The Gallatin Review, Global City Review, Grieve Writing Competition Anthology, Gulf Stream, Hawai’i Pacific Review, Hidden Oak, Illya’s Honey, The Literary Review, The Madison Review, Mississippi Review, Negative Capability, New Delta Review, New Zoo Poetry Review, Old Crow Review, Portland Review, PRISM international, The Sow’s Ear, Sierra Nevada College Review, Skidrow Penthouse, Slippery Elm (read my poem, “The Seawall”), Slipstream, Southerly Journal, Spillway, Spoon River Poetry Review, Sulphur River Literary Review, Sunstone, Waywiser Press, Whiskey Island Magazine, and The William and Mary Review.
How 3 Cats Are Helping Me Teach My Sons about Consent – Scary Mommy, 5 January 2020.
When Early Menopause and Life Events Strike at the Same Time – Motherwell Magazine, 22 October 2019.
How We Can Protect Women by Empowering Boys – Scary Mommy, 24 July 2018.
Special Guest on All Men Can podcast, Episode 8, August 2018, on the topic of raising feminist sons in the age of #MeToo.
- Longlisted for the Seventh Annual Bangor Poetry Competition for “Weatherproofing” (2019)
- Shortlisted for the A3 Review’s June Contest: Carpentry & Home Economics theme for “The Handyman” (2019)
- Semi-finalist for the Brittingham Prize in Poetry at University of Wisconsin Press (2019)
- Finalist for the Cider Press Review Book Award (2018)
- Finalist for the Cider Press Review Editors’ Prize (2018, judged by Leona Sevick)
- Winner of the Lifeline Award in the Hunter Grieve Writing Competition (2018). You can read / listen to my poem, “The Skeleton”, at 50:31 (read by a volunteer).
- Finalist for the Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize (2018)
- Finalist for the Dogwood Literary Prize (2018)
- Winner of the Barbara Mandigo Kelly Peace Poetry Award (2017). Here’s my poem, “Manchester.”
- Finalist in the Hunter Grieve Writing Competition (2017)
- Semi-finalist for the Cider Press Review Book Award (2017, judged by Lauren Alleyne)
- Finalist for the Cider Press Review Book Award (2015, judged by Linda Pastan)
- Semi-finalist for the Brittingham Prize in Poetry at University of Wisconsin Press (2015)
- Shortlisted for the Albury City Short Story Award for “Learning Another Language” (2013)
- The Australia Council for the Arts Emerging Writer grant – fiction (2011)
- Finalist for the Idaho Prize for Poetry at Lost Horse Press (2010, judged by Thomas Lux)
- Semi-finalist for the Anthony Hecht Poetry Prize at Waywiser Press (2009, judged by Rosanna Warren)
- Semi-finalist for the Brittingham Prize in Poetry at University of Wisconsin Press (2009, judged by Marilyn Nelson)
- The Australia Council for the Arts Emerging Writer grant – poetry (2005)
- W.S. Merwin Poetry Fellowship at The Catskill Poetry Workshop (2004, selected by Carol Frost)
- Runner-up in the Mississippi Review Prize for Poetry (2004, selected by Angela Ball)
- Shortlisted for the KSP Young Writer-in-Residence fellowship (2003)
- Finalist in The Sow’s Ear Poetry Contest (2003, selected from 2000 entrants)
- Herbert Rubin Award for Creative Writing (1997, NYU)
- Thomas Wolfe Memorial Poetry Award (1995, NYU)